Foods I can eat
Modifying a list I found. Dealing with multiple restrictions makes it so hard to figure out. If I can find the link where I got the original list I will post it.
- Most Organic Vegetables: including anise, artichoke, asparagus, bok choy, broccoli?, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chives, cucumbers, garlic, kale, kohlrabi, leeks, lettuce, mustard greens, onions, parsley, radishes, rhubarb, shallots, spinach, squash, water chestnuts, watercress, zucchini.
- Extreme Moderation: Raw Beets (unless they seem to make my sugars too high)
- Fermented foods: including kimchi, kombucha tea, unsweetened pickled ginger, sauerkraut, unsweetened coconut yogurt. You must make your own or buy one of the few brands that are genuinely fermented (not made with vinegar) and free of sugars or additives.
- Meats: including beef, chicken, fish, lamb, turkey. Fish should be ocean caught with a low mercury content. Swordfish, most tuna, and king mackerel are very high in mercury. Select hormone-free and antibiotic-free chicken, turkey, and lamb. Select beef that is grass fed, hormone free, and antibiotic free. Best choice are grass-fed and pastured meats from a local farm. Second best is organic. Avoid factory-farmed meats that contain antibiotics and hormones.
- Low Glycemic Organic Fruits: including apples, apricots, avocados, berries, cherries, grapefruit, lemons, oranges, peaches, pears, plums.
- Coconut: including coconut butter, coconut cream, coconut milk, coconut oil, unsweetened coconut flakes, unsweetened coconut yogurt.
- Noodles: brown shirataki yam noodles (sold in Asian grocery stores). Avoid the noodles that also contain tofu.
- Herbs and Spices: including basil, black pepper, cilantro, coriander, cumin, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, rosemary, sage, sea salt, thyme.
- Other: apple cider vinegar, herbal teas, olive oil, olives, avacado oil.